Well now that my trip of a lifetime is over I have found myself incredibly bored. Yes, I came back to my loving family and friends and had to enter back into the real world and that hasn't been exactly what I've expected. I ended up getting a job sooner than I thought and was only home in Jacksonville for about 20 days. Even though I did not want to stay in Jacksonville for long, I did want to stay a little more than a month. I was lucky enough to get a (sort of) part time job at a spa management company in Orlando and I am very grateful to be getting a pay check since I've gone almost 5 months without one. Since this job has been part-time, I've found myself with nothing to do with myself until school starts on August 19th. Even then, however, I will still be bored as I am only taking 7 credit hours and then I graduate.
After graduation I would love to travel the world again and possibly back pack through out Europe and go to the places I missed during my exchange program, but I doubt I'll have enough money to get over there, let alone stay for at least 2 weeks. I have this travel itch now and I have found myself looking for flights to Omaha to see my newly found bestie Carly and I would be able to see my old roommate Megan. I also have found myself looking into trips to The Keys, Boston and Las Vegas. I plan all of this out in my head and sometimes even on paper, but where in the heck would I get the money? Money hasn't really been a huge thing for me since I have gotten back to the States. People say you change a bit after an exchange program, and my change has been my frugalness and not needing the things I needed prior to leaving.
All these "name brand" things are nothing to me. I do not care to have a Michael Kors watch or hand bag, or have a certain name on my clothes. Don't get me wrong, I don't want Walmart clothes, but those little things aren't as important to me and I've started to notice I do not understand why other people want those things. How is it possible that I went from wanting name brand items to not understanding why other people want them? It is a mystery to me and it probably always will be.
Everyone around me is moving on in some way or another. My sister will be 21 this year and that frightens me. All my friends have a steady full-time job and I am sitting here at a part time job with 7 credit hours to finish and will graduate at the age of 24 with a bachelors degree. Now, that shouldn't bother me because I have had the trip of a lifetime, but for some reason it does. All I want is to have my own apartment, not have to worry about how much I'm being paid and move on with my life as well. BUT I seem to be at a stand still. I don't know what's going to happen with my life after December, but I know right now I am stuck in Orlando at an apartment I don't really like (which might I add is on campus) and at a job I'm not sure will be a full-time one by December.
So now that I've complained to the entire world about my quite boring life I will stop before I go into more detail than is necessary. My life will pick up eventually, but when will that be?
No comments:
Post a Comment